Outlinc works to make Lincoln a great city for LGBTQ people to live, work, and play.
Outlinc is Lincoln's LGBT Community Center. We're a community center without walls. We utilize existing community spaces to provide programs and we advocate for LGBTQ civil rights.
We are building connections between people and between various LGBTQ organizations. Together we are working to make our city the best it can be.
In the last year we have:
- Organized support for LB485 - statewide workplace protection for LGBT people including live tweeting the debate.
- Provided educational workshops for LGBTQ people - tax seminar for married same-sex couples, creating positive LGBT families.
- Hosted community action meetings for LGBTQ community leaders with HRC and the It Gets Better Project.
- Hosted weekly volleyball and sponsored women's softball.
- Hosted a celebration for LGBT History Month
- Hosted monthly networking events
- Organized a community-wide LGTBQ calendar of events and Business Directory.
But there is work still to be done! Please make a gift and join the fight!